- Departments P - Y
- Youth Bureau
- Youth Sports and Education Opportunity Funding
Youth Sports and Education Opportunity Funding
YOUTH BUREAU ANNOUNCES THE AVAILABILITY OF YOUTH SPORTS AND EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIY FUNDING
The Chemung County Youth Bureau is seeking applicants to provide sports programs and/or physical fitness activties to underserved children ages 6-17 via local nonprofit organizations. Chemung County has $21,416 to allocate to local programs operating January 1, 2023 - September 30, 2023.
Funds can be used to cover:
- Coaches/instructors/direct service staff/mentors
- Educational programming costs
- Facility/field and/or space cost
- Maximum of 15% of funds for administrative/overhead costs
Programs Eligible must meet the following criteria:
- Provide structured sports activities for youth ages 6-17.
- Serve youth in New York State.
- Be certified as tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
- Be in good standing with the New York State Charities Bureau.
- Demonstrate basic competency in the areas of governance, monitoring and evaluation, partnership, and ﬁnancial stewardship.
- Have a child protection policy in place that includes adherence to local city, agency, school district, and state child protection guidelines.
- Collect registration data, including participant demographic information as required by OCFS in such a fashion as to be able to accurately report anonymized aggregate data.
Organizations and activities not eligible for funding are the following:
- For-profit organizations or businesses
- Private foundations, as defined in section 509(a) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations that discriminate based on the age, ethnicity/race, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or other disability, national origin or any protected characteristic under local, state and/or federal law
- Research or project planning activities
- Support for elite or private sports camps, programs, or teams
- Endowments, memorials, budget deficits, or fundraising activities
- Religious organizations whose sports programs do not have a secular and community focus
- Lobbying, political, or fraternal activities
- Capital projects
Applications can be submitted online: Youth Sports Funding Application Deadline for submission of proposals is June 1, 2023.
Youth Sports Funding Local Commissioners Memorandum (LCM)
All programs seeking funding must track outcome measures and provide data to the Youth Bureau
If you have any questions, please call the Youth Bureau at 607-737-2907