- Departments A - N
- Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness
EXCELLUS DISCOUNTS AND SAVINGS
Blue 365 offers access to discounts and savings that are available exclusively to Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield members.
- Exercises for the Workplace (PDF)
- Importance of Sleep (PDF) - Excellus Wellness April 2015 Newsletter
- Walk Away From Stress (PDF) - Excellus Healthbreak April 2015
- Peace of Mind - schedule your annual check up (PDF)
- Men's Health Checklist (PDF)
- Women's Health Checklist (PDF)
- Children's Health Checklist (PDF)
NEED HELP TO QUIT SMOKING?
- Quit smoking help - New York State Smokers' Quitline
- WELLFRAME Quit Smoking (PDF)
ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
Per the CDC, whether someone is facing an acute illness, a long-term chronic or a terminal illness, Advanced Care Planning can help alleviate unnecessary suffering, improve quality of life and provide a better understanding of the challenges in decision-making an individual and their caregiver(s) may experience. Everyone should consider Advanced Care Planning regardless of age or health.
Advance Care Planning includes:
- Getting information on the types of life-sustaining treatments that are available.
- Deciding what types of treatment, you would or would not want should you be diagnosed with a life-limiting illness.
- Sharing your personal values with your loved ones.
- Complete advance directives to put into writing what types of treatment you would or would not want should you be unable to speak for yourself.
For more information about Advance Care Planning, check out: https://compassionandsupport.org/
Millions of people experience the reality of living with a mental illness. While 1 in 5 people will experience a mental illness during their lifetime, everyone faces challenges in life that can impact their mental health. Here are some resources to help.
- 6 Signs You Could Benefit from Emotional Health Support (PDF)
- Journey to Emotional Health (PDF)
- Grounding Exercise (Video)
Learn more about WELLFRAME (PDF)
WELLFRAME Quick Start Guide (PDF)
Excellus 24/7 Nurse Line - (800) 348-9786
Here are some additional resources to explore:
- American Heart Association (AHA) Workplace Mental Health Resources | American Heart Association
- New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) New York State Office of Mental Health (ny.gov)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness for NYS (NAMI) NAMI New York State (naminys.org)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Mental Health By the Numbers | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
Here’s what you should know.
- One in 20 people develops colon cancer in their lifetime.
- Colon cancer can often be prevented through regular screenings.
- A colonoscopy is the most thorough test and is proven to detect disease.
- Screening is recommended for adults ages 50-75.
- Other screening tests may be recommended or available to you. Ask your doctor.
Did you know?
- If you have risk factors, such as inflammatory bowel disease, family history or history of polyps, you may need to be screened earlier or more often. Talk with your doctor.
- Screening tests are covered by your health insurance benefits.
COLORECTAL CANCER (PDF): Testing could save your life.