The Chemung County Nursing Facility is a modern health care center that provides a variety of services, a caring staff and a residential environment.
We are proud of our facility's reputation of excellent staffing and quality nursing care that is demonstrated by embracing the philosophy of "quality first." This is achieved by:
- Assuring proper nursing staffing levels on each shift, every day of the year
- Compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations for Medicare and Medicaid services
- Hiring individuals and working with companies that meet and exceed government standards
- Regular communication between management staff, residents and family members
- Staff development through continuous education and training
About the Facility
The Chemung County Nursing Facility is a 200-bed residential health care facility operated by the County of Chemung. It opened in 1971 and is part of the John Gridley Health Center that includes the County's Public Health Department, Vital Records and Emergency Management Office. The Nursing Facility has approximately 300 employees.
This facility provides long-term, inpatient, skilled nursing level services to residents who have a chronic or debilitating illness or who need rehabilitation services. A full range of services is offered including medical and psychiatric care, rehabilitation therapies, pharmacy, laundry, social work and recreational activities plus on-site optometry and dental services and a beauty/barber shop. There is a public cafeteria for employees and visitors.
The facility is fully accredited by the Medicare and Medicaid Programs and is a member of both the state and national Leading Age Associations. It participates in the voluntary "Quality First Program", a national quality assurance initiative.
Emergency management plan and comprehensive emergency management plans can be found in the Administrator Suite on the ground floor and Maintenance Department.