Resources for Victims of Sexual Abuse
Suggested Reading for Children
- Freeman, L. (1982) It's My Body.
- Girard, L.W. (1984) My Body is Private.
- Hammerseng, K. (1995) Telling Isn't Tattling.
- Hansen, D. (2007) Those are MY Private Parts
- Hindman, J. (1992) A Very Touching Book
- Ottenweller, J (1991) Please Tell! A Child's Story about Sexual Abuse
- Satullo, J. A.W. (1987) It Happens to Boys, Too.
- Spelman, C. (1997) Your Body Belongs To You.
Suggested Reading for Adolescents
- Carter, W (2002) It Happened to Me
- Harris, R.H. (1996) It's Perfectly Normal
- Mather, C.L. (1994) How Long Does it Hurt?
- Pledge, D. (2003) When Something Feels Wrong: A survival guide about abuse for young people
- Watcher, O. (2002) No More Secrets (suggested for ages 9-12)
Suggested Reading for Parents
- Adams, C. (1992) Helping Your Child Recover from Sexual Abuse
- Brohl, K. (2004) When Your Child Has Been Molested: A Parents Guide to Healing and Recovery
- Johnson, K.(1993) Through the Tears: Caring for the Sexually Abused Child
- Kearney, T.(2001) Caring for Sexually Abused Children
- NCH Children and Families Project (1993) Creating a Safe Place: Helping Children and Families Recover from Child Sexual Abuse
- Tobin, Pnina. (2002) Keeping Kids Safe: A Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Manual