Senior Games is an annual sporting, fitness, and fun event held every year. Over 400 athletes aged 50 and over compete in a variety of events including golf, bocce, bowling, volleyball, archery, softball, and pickleball. Events are divided into 8 age brackets, with medals awarded to the top three finishers in each age group. Nominal fees are necessary to participate.
The Chemung County Senior Games highlight the active life of people over the age of 50. Our participants exercise regularly, and some train all year long. We work with an alliance of partners in the field of health promotion and education to encourage health through exercise, physical activity, nutrition, and positive lifestyle choices. The Games represent a collaborative public/private effort that would not be possible without the commitment of numerous volunteers, as well as the Department of Aging and Long Term Care staff, partners, and private sponsors.
2023 Senior Games
Our 2023 Senior Games event will take place May 23 - June 16, 2023.
2023 Gold Medal Sponsors
- Appleridge Senior Living
- Woodbrook Assisted Living Residence, Inc.
- CDPHP Medicare Advantage
2023 Silver Medal Sponsors
- Horseheads Moose Lodge 1476
- Chemung Canal Trust Company
- Gerould's Professional Pharmacy
2023 Bronze Medal Sponsors
- Nascentia Health
- Horseheads Elks Lodge 2297
- AARP Chapter 276
- Kiwanis Club of Horseheads
- Swan and Sons-Morse Company, Inc.
- Simmon's Rockwell AutoPlaza, Inc.
- Bentley-Tremble American Legion Post 442
- Veterans with Faith
- Ed's Heads
Special thanks to the following for their generous use of their facilities:
- Chemung County Family Fitness Center
- Chemung County
- Italian American Veteran Club
- Town of Horseheads
- Southport Parks & Recreation
Thank you for your very generous support!