All businesses throughout the Southern Tier Region must have a plan in place to protect employees and consumers. The plan must also provide a safe physical work space for employees, as well as customers. All business plans should also include how physical work space is or has been made safer in order to lower the risk of infection in the business. All plans must be conspicuously posted in public view.
Business plans at minimal should include and/or address the following recommendations as outlined on the New York State website outlining the guidelines for reopening New York:
- Continue tracing, tracking and reporting of cases
- Restrict non-essential travel for employees
- Require all employees and customers to wear masks if in frequent contact with others or if a six-foot social distance cannot be maintained.
- Enact a continuous health screening process for individuals to enter the workplace, some businesses may want to enact temperature checks as an added precaution
- Develop liability processes
- Enact social distancing protocols
- Implement strict cleaning and sanitation standards
- Adjust workplace hours and shift design as necessary to reduce density in the workplace
The Southern Tier Region, through its multiple resources including Industrial Development Agencies, Economic Development Corporations, Chambers of Commerce and etc., will conduct a business outreach to educate and assist businesses with the planning process.