Passports can be obtained at the County Clerk's Office, 210 Lake Street in Elmira. Applications are processed 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Monday through Friday.
Passport Requirements & Information
- 16 and older (10 year passport issued) - Check or money order only made payable to U.S. Department of State - $110
- 15 and under (5 year passport issued) - Check or money order only made payable to U.S. Department of State - $80
- Plus a $25 Execution Fee for each passport (Cash or check made payable to Chemung County Clerk)
- Passport Photos(2) taken at County Clerk's Office - $12
- Passports are obtained 6 weeks after application.
- Expedite Passport service (3 weeks delivery) is $60 additional fee per applicant.
You will also need:
- Two identical passport photos (color only)
- Proof of citizenship: Birth certificate with raised seal, file date and certified by Official Custodian of the Record (no hospital certificates) or previous passport or Naturalization Certificate
- Identification: Current driver's license or previous passport (if issued after 16th birthday within the past 10 years) or current college ID