View all facilities
COMPOST FACILITY OPENED FOR THE 2023 SEASON ON APRIL 18. PLEASE SEE OPERATING HOURS TO THE RIGHT.
The facility is open every year from the 3rd week of April until November (weather permitting). Contractors and commercial enterprises cannot drop off or remove material at the facility.
Material is set aside for residents' use.
Please - No smoking, no chainsaws or power equipment
Yard Waste Accepted
- Flowers and garden vegetation
- Tree limbs and branches
Items Not Accepted
- Cinder blocks
- Concrete, asphalt, or bricks
- Dead animals
- Fence posts
- Food scraps
- Garbage or trash
- Patio blocks
- Railroad ties
- Rocks and boulders
- Wood pallets or Wooden boards
When dropping off materials at the compost facility, please note the following:
- A County employee will be posted at the entrance hut. Cars are to wait here until directed by the employee to move to an unloading site. The employee at the hut will log all materials entering and leaving the facility.
- Unloading: Drivers are to unload their own vehicles at the designated site.
- Loading: Driver will be directed to a loading site. Our employee will load the trailer or pickup. If only a small amount of compost or mulch is desired, driver will be requested to load their own material.