COMPOST FACILITY NOW CLOSED UNTIL SPRING 2023.
The facility is open every year from the 3rd week of April until November (weather permitting). Contractors and commercial enterprises cannot drop off or remove material at the facility.
Material is set aside for residents' use.
Please - No smoking, no chainsaws or power equipment
Yard Waste Accepted
- Flowers and garden vegetation
- Tree limbs and branches
Items Not Accepted
- Cinder blocks
- Concrete, asphalt, or bricks
- Dead animals
- Fence posts
- Food scraps
- Garbage or trash
- Patio blocks
- Railroad ties
- Rocks and boulders
- Wood pallets or Wooden boards
- To practice appropriate Social Distancing, we need to minimize interaction between employees and the public.
- A County employee will be posted at the entrance hut. Cars are to wait here until directed by the employee to move to a numbered unloading site. A photo of the vehicle registration will be taken rather than obtaining a signature. The employee at the hut will log all materials entering and leaving the facility.
- Numbered Unloading and Loading Areas will be set up to unload brush and vegetative material and to load compost and mulch.
- Unloading: 5 cars will be allowed in at a time for unloading. Staff will be unable to assist in the unloading of the vehicles. Sites that are full of material will be cleared by an employee who will remain in a front wheel loader.
- Loading: The driver will be directed to a loading site and remain in the car. Our employee will load the trailer or pickup. If only a small amount of compost or mulch is desired, the driver will be directed to exit the vehicle to get their material.
- Variable Message Signs (VMS) will be located along the entrance drive to provide additional information to the public.